Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Are You on Youtube?"

"Always be presentable because you never know who you might run into."
                                                                             Wise saying from my Father In Law.

In Hawaii, you will notice that almost everyone smiles here.   When I am out and about, I smile back at everyone that smiles at me.  It's just a habit.  Sometimes I get a "I know you" smile from someone and they'll walk away.  I just brush it off thinking it was probably someone I knew from a long time ago.  Maybe it was from college or maybe from one of the many places I have worked at.  Never did I think someone would recognize me from youtube.

I was at a fun shoot at the range over the weekend and a gentleman smiled and came over to me and asked if I was on youtube.  I replied that I am and he thanked me for doing the videos about the fun shoots.  He wasn't sure if the fun shoots were something he wanted to try so he searched it and found my video.  I felt great pride and, at the same time, very humbled by the fact that I was able to connect with someone through youtube.  We had great fun and in honor of the first person that recognized me from youtube, he will be in my next fun shoot video.  He wanted to stay anonymous so I will honor that.

How does this relate to the wise saying from my Father In Law?    The fun shoots are dusty and dry and in these conditions my nose tends to drip.  After tearing down the tents and putting the targets and supplies away, I plopped in my truck to take a breather and glanced in the rear view mirror.  And there it was...a golden nugget hanging from my nose.  Goodness, how long has that been there!  All the way home I kept touching my nose making sure I got it all off.  Even as I type this, I'm making sure my nose is clean.  So...I may no longer be known as the guy from youtube...just the guy with the golden nugget in his nose.  I'm shaking my head just thinking about it.

So, if you ever see me around.  Please introduce yourself and if I have something hanging from my nose, please tell me so I don't feel so embarrassed later.

Aloha,
J.








No comments:

Post a Comment